Run free, Cuzin Zero

I just wanna thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes for my Cuzin Zero. I’m very sad to tell you that he had to leave for the Bridge today.

Zero was super special to our whole entire family. Remember how I told you that I changed my mom’s mind about pit bull-type doggies? Well, Zero did the same for my mom when it came to chihuahua doggies.

Before Zero, mom thought chihuahuas were fine but she didn’t exactly LOVE them. And she never could figure out why anybuddy would want a teeny tiny dog.

Brudder Ranger used to call him “Mini-Me.”

Well, as it turns out, Zero WASN’T a teeny tiny dog. He was a great big ROCK STAR dog in a 5-pound body.

Mom with my Cuzin Noel and Cuzin Zero

But even though he was a rock star, he didn’t have a mean bone in his body and he was always a really good sport.

Zero with his Momma

I mean, a REALLY good sport.

Zero, Cuzin Phoebe and Cuzin Noel

Everybuddy who ever met Zero loved him and he loved them right back. He was always happiest cuddled up in somebuddy’s arms.

Grampa J and Cuzin Zero

Zero, I’m sure Grampa J was there to meet you at the Bridge and you’re safely in his arms right now. But, gosh, we sure are gonna miss you. You were one in a million and you’ll always, always be in our hearts.

Run free, Zero. Until we meet again…

Comments

1. Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning says:

Poor Cuzin Zero – we are so sorry for your loss. Zero looks like a nice pup. Soft woos and gentle hugs to you and all of his family. Always tough to lose a beloved furry.

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

2. Wee jus knows dat cuzin Zero is snugglin ups wivs Grandpa J rite dis second Mayzie, butts wee is keepin all yor famly in our forts n prayers ats dis difficults time
    Lov
    Izzy, Uji n Ziggy

3. Mayzie and family we are so very sad to read about Zero! He was certainly a precious little soul with a Grat Dane heart.
    Your Grandpa and Cap’n Ripkey were waiting for him at the bridge
    Hugs and purrs
    Madi and mom

4. OH Mayzie, we are so sorry about Zero. But it sure looks like he had a great life. We know you will miss him. Lots of hugs coming your way. Take care.

5. Run free sweet Zero. So sorry ….
    Benny & Lily

6. We bet Cuzin Zero, Grandpa J and Cap’n Ripley are all having a grand old pawty up there over the bridge!

Even though Cuzin Zero had the most amazing life, we are so sorry for you loss and you and his family are in our thoughts.

Sam and Pippen

7. Mayzie and family…special terrier kisses to all of you. You know that Zero is happy and free now. He knows that you love and miss him, and will continue to do so until you join him.

Gussie, Teka and the muzzer

8. I’m so very sorry about Zero. What a lovely, kind soul he was. I’m sure Grandpa and Zero are snugglin’ close right now. Keep your chin up, and your glass raised ~ cheers and kisses to Zero.

Kisses,

Ruby

9. Lyn boyce says:

Run free little Zero x

10. I’m so sorry about Zero. Gentle boxer kisses to you and your family.

11. Run free sweet Zero

Stop on by for a visit
    Kari

12. Mayzie, I hope you and your family will accept my condolences for your sweet Cuzin Zero – he clearly left a pawprint on all your hearts.

13. We are so sorry. Godspeed Zero.

Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

14. Mayzie, we are very sorry for the loss of your Cuzin Zero. He was cute and evidently quite a character. We know you will all miss him. Sending lots of purrs and pawhugs to you and your family.

15. I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin. :(

16. Frankie Furter and Ernie says:

So sorry that Cuzin Zero had to leave all of you… butt I just KNOW that Grandpa has been WAITING fur him.
    Run Free and Fast Zero.. and enjoy some time on grandpa’s shoulder.

17. Ugh. So sad. Zero reminds me of Rufus. Give your sister a hug from me – this must be tough for her!

18. littlemissjackie says:

Oh Miss Mayzie, we’re sorry to hear that Mr. Cuzin Zero had to go to the bridge. Praying for you and your family in this difficult time.

Luvs,

Jackie, Dillon, and Mom

19. Miss Mayzie, we sure are sorry! Our whole family sends our sympathies and good thoughts for your family. Cousin Zero lived the kind of life all dogs should have!

Bunny

20. harrispen says:

So sorry to hear about Cuzin Zero, but you know he and Grandpa J are having the time of their lives together now.

Cindy

21. Oh my dear Mayzie, I wasn’t even on da bloggies today…long story…but I seen dis and I has to leave my condolences to you and your family…and especially da Noel. It aways so difficult fur da liitle babes when their bestest furiend has to leave. But I knows he taught her well in his life…to love animals and respect them.
    My hear goes out to his family…RIP Zero.

Puddles

22. dachshundnola says:

I’m so very sorry. Run free, Zero
    Nola

23. I am so sorry to hear about your Cousin Zero :( All our thoughts and prayers for your family. Run free little man!

24. whatremainsnow says:

Cuzin Zero and Grampa J and cuddlin’ for sure. I’m so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful pup. So, so sorry.

25. I am so sorry about Zero. I know you will miss him and you will alwys have your memories.

wags
    Jazzi

26. Sorry about the loss of your cousin. I was never a small dog person and forget about a chihuahua! Our little Angel (also known as Chi Chi -queen of the chihuahua’s) changed my mind about little ones with fur. Glad that Zero had a great life and was able to change minds also. A loss of any family is difficult, thoughts with you at this time.

27. Lorenza says:

I am so sad to know about Zero…. but sure he is happy now with Grandpa.
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

28. Run Free, Dear Zero….
    We didn’t get to know you, but may be one day we will….

Gin, Bud n Shadow

29. I always love that picture of your dad with Zero.. it is a very heartwarming picture. Run free Zero. Your daddy is happily dancing and running free with Zero ;)

30. daisydog says:

We love that picture of Grampa J and Cuzin Zero. We thinks thats whats going on right now.

31. Oh, I’m so sorry to read this! I was so worried about Winston last weekend, I didn’t see this post.
    Prayers, purrs and Wirey hugs to you whole family, Zero was adorable.
    Run Free Zero, until we all meet again at the Bridge!
    Winston, Chloe, Cecil and Mom Shawn

32. I is sorry abouts your cousin Zero. I always thought that was brudder Ranger in your Grandpa picture.

woof – Tucker

33. So sorry…

34. Oh Mayzie, what a wonderful tribute to a wonderful little cousin. We are so sorry for your loss, losing a four legged family member is indescribably sad. Our thoughts are with you all.

Woof

Groucho

35. See you on the other side precious Zero. Our condolences to your family. It’s obvious that you were loved beyond measure and will be sorely missed.

36. We’re so sorry to hear that Zero crossed to the other side – sending hugs to everyone in your family.

Sam

37. Mayzie and family,
    We are so sorry for your loss. This is such a beautiful tribute to dear Zero. Thinking of you.

38. Mayzie,

Max and me is so very sorry fur da loss of your cuzin’ Zero. We is sendin’ luv and prayers to all of you.

Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

39. Ah Mayzie Mom and I are so sorry to learn it was Zero’s time to cross the bridge. What wonderful memories he left you! Run free Cousin Zero.

Hugs,
    The Roo Family

40. Jed & Abby in MerryLand, USA says:

Oh, Mayzie, we’re so sorry about your Cuzin Zero! We know how much it would break our hearts to lose our Cousin Pretty Girl and we send you our very strongest hugs and most loving slurps. We would like to include Cuzin Zero in the July edition of Our Rainbow Friends, if you think his mom would be ok with that. If so, please email us with a favorite photo [or we can just borrow one of the wonderful photos on your post] along with Cuzin Zero’s date of birth or age to ourrainbowfriendsATgmailDOTcom. We hope it’s ok to ask.

Jed & Abby