I was over-the-moon excited to hear abouts your Iams Home 4 the Holidays “How I Can Help Pet Adoption” contest. I would like to enter my Mom and would very much appreciate it if you would send her to BarkWorld 2012 to learn more abouts how to get pets adopted through social media.
1. All of us 4-leggers here at my house are rescue pets. We know we are very lucky and we want to help other pets have the same kind of love and security we do.
2. We believes in a No Kill Nation and we believes that we can help make that happen.
3. Mom found 3 outta the 4 of us on the interwebz so we know first-paw how important it is to get pets seen by peoples who are looking for a pet.
4. Last November, we hosted a blogging event called “Rescue Me Week.” During that week, we asked other bloggers to write abouts adorable adoptables who were looking for their furever homes. It was really super successful — there were 180 posts about 233 adoptable pets. But we sometimes wonder how much MORE successful it woulda been if my mom had known better how to use social media to get the word out.
5. I have a Facebark page and Mom manages the Facebark page for Second Chance Animal Rescue, where I came from. But I think maybe she would do a lot better job of helping find pets homes if she knew more about the mysterious inner workings of Mr. Zuckerburg’s Miraculous Machine.
6. I also have a Twitter account but between you and me, my mom is a twit when it comes to tweets. (There, I said it). If she knew more, she could not only help ME get the word out about adoptable pets — she could get a Twitter account set up and rolling for Second Chance, too! See, Second Chance adopts out abouts 400 pets a year and works with other rescues to save many more from shelters. But with a Twitter account of their own, I bet they could save even MORE pets!
Thank you very much for reading my letter. And thank you for everything you do to help other pets find their Most Perfect Homes That Ever Were.
Wiggles & Wags & Brindle Kisses,
PeeS. Please do not let how adorable I look in my Iams bandana sway you in any way.
PeePeeS to my furends: If you’d like to help me win and you haves a Twitter account, you can tweet this postie with the hashtag #IH4tH2012. Thank you, thank you!