Dear Iams: Please Send My Mom Away

Dear Very Nice Humans at Iams,

I was over-the-moon excited to hear abouts your Iams Home 4 the Holidays “How I Can Help Pet Adoption” contest. I would like to enter my Mom and would very much appreciate it if you would send her to BarkWorld 2012 to learn more abouts how to get pets adopted through social media.

Why? Well, I’m glad you asked. Here are six super good reasons (ahem):

1. All of us 4-leggers here at my house are rescue pets.  We know we are very lucky and we want to help other pets have the same kind of love and security we do.

2. We believes in a No Kill Nation and we believes that we can help make that happen.

3. Mom found 3 outta the 4 of us on the interwebz so we know first-paw how important it is to get pets seen by peoples who are looking for a pet.

4. Last November, we hosted a blogging event called “Rescue Me Week.” During that week, we asked other bloggers to write abouts adorable adoptables who were looking for their furever homes. It was really super successful — there were 180 posts about 233 adoptable pets. But we sometimes wonder how much MORE successful it woulda been if my mom had known better how to use social media to get the word out.

5. I have a Facebark page and Mom manages the Facebark page for Second Chance Animal Rescue, where I came from. But I think maybe she would do a lot better job of helping find pets homes if she knew more about the mysterious inner workings of Mr. Zuckerburg’s Miraculous Machine.

6. I also have a Twitter account but between you and me, my mom is a twit when it comes to tweets. (There, I said it). If she knew more, she could not only help ME get the word out about adoptable pets — she could get a Twitter account set up and rolling for Second Chance, too! See, Second Chance adopts out abouts 400 pets a year and works with other rescues to save many more from shelters. But with a Twitter account of their own, I bet they could save even MORE pets!

Thank you very much for reading my letter. And thank you for everything you do to help other pets find their Most Perfect Homes That Ever Were.

Wiggles & Wags & Brindle Kisses,

Mayzie

PeeS. Please do not let how adorable I look in my Iams bandana sway you in any way.

PeePeeS to my furends: If you’d like to help me win and you haves a Twitter account, you can tweet this postie with the hashtag #IH4tH2012. Thank you, thank you!

Comments

1. Mayzie I just knew your beautiful brindle face would someday be well known all over the US of A and this is how. You would be a wonderful spokeslady!! Hugs your BFFF
    Madi and we hope you are all doing well today

2. Holy Sweet Potatoes! Maybe I can send the momma with your momma and they can get smart together?
    -Corbin

3. CAn we send our Mom along too. She is a twit on twitter too. She cannot figure that out. We would like to find a way to get the word out more about adoptions too. This is such a terrific post. Makes our Mom want to do more about getting the word out. Have a great week end Mayzie and family.

4. So cute, hope IAms hears you
    Benny & Lily

5. There is no way Imas could resist you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

6. This mom just started taking twitter classes! Yes, every day I get sent a link so I can learn it in slow, “easy” steps.
    Maybe it will help your mom, too.

And I hope Iams sends her away, but not for too long.

7. harrispen says:

Mayzie, I hope you win that trip for your mom.

Cindy

8. Do we votes or somethin? I needs me a twitter account!!!

woof – Tucker

9. fernerose says:

I wish you Mayzie and your Mom luck!!!

10. What a nice letter! I do hope that Iams gets the idea!

11. Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning says:

Mayzie, IAMS can’t possibly turn you down with that adorable face and this wonderful letter. We don’t know how to tweet but we woo you lots of good luck.

Woos – Phantom. Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

12. Anonymous says:

Well shoot, now I have to get on twitter again so I can vote for you. Good luck Mayzie!!!!!!!!

13. That last comment was from me – TANK!

14. Miss Mayzie and Brudder Ranger: If anything would get my muzzer to twit, it would be your post. Let us know if we can help some other way, OK?

gussie n teka toy

15. OMD, I was really worried at first that you were trying to get rid of your momma! But I understand now, and I think it would be GRREAT if your momma gets to go! We’ll cross our paws for her.

16. I am crossing paws for your Mommy to win!!

Loveys Sasha

17. whatremainsnow says:

All your fans say the same thing, “Send your mom to BarkWorld.” I have a Twitter account but don’t know how to do what you’re asking us to do. I will ask one of my Twitter savvy friends on Monday when I go back to work.

18. Rottrover says:

Good luck to your mom, Mayzie!

Bart and Ruby

19. Frankie Furter and Ernie says:

IAMS wouldn’t DARE pass you over!!

20. We tweeted and so did mom!
    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

21. Hi Mayzie,
    Wish I could get mom to do that twitter thing to help you out, but I think she is afraid of twitter. But I think your letter is super and I wish your mom the best of luck!
    your pal,
    Garth

22. Oh Mayzie, you convinced me! Your mom should totally win!

Your pal, Pip

P.S.: My mom is a twit when it comes to tweets, too!

23. My mom learned all kinds of social media tricks at BlogPaws! I bet your mom could learn a lot at BarkWorld, too. I have my paws crossed for you!

Bunny

24. Jed & Abby in MerryLand, USA says:

Good luck! Sure hope your mom gets chosen to go and that she learns all kinds of useful stuffs. We don’t twitter or facebook, but we can keep our paws crossed for you.

Jed & Abby

25. Sounds like a great idea. They’d be crazy not to take advantage of making your mom smarter, then she can help even more!! Hear that Iams??

wags
    Jazzi

26. *Paws raised and waving* I vote fow you mom…I vote!!! Crud, my mom is not so good on twitter, butt we will try!!!!!

27. miss mayzieeeee, my one ‘n only lover of cheeses and blondie labradudes named booker, i missed you bunches ‘n gobs!!!! i’m so so so glad i finally got my mama off of her rear to help me with my bloggie.
    i so totally vote for your awesome mama to get sent away to the barkworld thingie! she rocks! i, howevarrr, would not vote for your mama to get sent off the island, but my mama is assurin’ me that that’s just a teevee show and has nothin’ to do with barkworld. whew! teeheehee.

*way excited gooey nose kisses*
    the booker man

28. You look beautiful in your bandana, Mayzie! Our mom doesn’t have a Twitter account. We’re sorry.

Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

29. I am a cat. But I love Second Chance, cause, you see, I was a rescue, too. Mom barely Facebooks (she can’t figure out how to friend people!) and no twitter or tweet in this house. But I hope Iams responds possitively. Crossed paws!

Leave Me a Pawment